An Introduction to Private Equity and Venture Capital: Individual Rates
- Start Date:
- 10. July 2018
- Finish date:
- 31. July 2018
- PE100 - 07WEB
- 474.00 GBP (VAT incl.)
- Online - Live
- Ascentium Associates - Training Directory 2018.pdf
- Mr. Kapriel Kasbarian
An Introduction to Private Equity and Venture Capital
Live One-to-One Online Executive Education Training Programme
Note: This programme can be delivered on a live one-to-one basis with up to 2 Participants
An Introduction to Private Equity and Venture Capital is a non-technical course delivered over 6 live online training sessions (each up to 1 hour in duration and 2-3 sessions per week, as agreed with the participants) where the key concepts of this fascinating asset class are broken down, simplified and explained in a clear way using everyday language.
This interactive course is designed to give attendees an introduction to private equity and venture capital. It is aimed at business professionals new to the asset class as well as all support staff who work at a private equity or venture capital firm or service provider, and need an understanding and overview of what the industry is about. There is plenty of scope for Q&A.
At the end of the training programme, attendees will have a much better understanding of the private equity landscape and where their firm fits in the picture.
Kapriel Kasbarian is responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of Ascentium Associates. His exposure to private equity is both from an entrepreneurial perspective - Ascentium Associates is backed by private equity investors - as well as that of a private equity service provider (commercial due diligence, and publishing and training services). He is a learning and development professional who was previously a strategy consultant at Armstrong Transaction Services where he undertook commercial due diligence and strategy consulting projects for private equity and corporate clients. To read Kapriel's full profile, please click here.
This course is aimed at:
This course is aimed at business professionals new to the asset class and all support staff (finance, marketing, IT etc) who work at a private equity or venture capital firm or service provider, and need an understanding and overview of what the industry is about.
Duration and Key Learning Outcomes:
Delivered over 6 training sessions (each up to 1 hour in duration and 2-3 sessions per week) attendees of this live interactive online training programme will gain an understanding of:
• The big picture of the private equity landscape
• Key players and their roles
• Key terms and concepts
• An appreciation of the full fund cycle
• Understanding how returns are generated
• Understanding exit strategies
Introduction and Welcome
Attendee icebreaker session
The big picture – what is private equity and venture capital?
Alternative asset Classes – What are they? Where does PE and VC fit in?
• Risk vs Return
• Liquidity spectrum
Exercise - Company Auction
The private equity spectrum, from seed capital to mega buyouts
A look at some market data
Back to private equity – the market landscape
• Key players and their roles
• General Partners – PE/VC firms
• Limited Partners
• Types of LPs
• Portfolio companies
• Service providers
• Placement Agents
• Investment consultants
• Law firms
• Due diligence providers
So what do PE firms actually do?
• Just another business? How do they stay in business and make money?
Exercise – review of deal proposals
The Fund Cycle
• Formation & strategy
• Investments, co-investments and club deals
• Use of leverage
• Raising the next fund
Fund design presentation exercise.
Would you invest?
• Internal rate of return
• Why is time the thief of IRR?
• Trade sale
• Secondaries – portfolio companies, fund positions
Final Q&A Session
- • GBP 395 for 1 participant
- • GBP 495 for 2 participants
- • VAT - Where applicable 20% VAT will be added to your invoice or credit card transaction
Want this course in-house? Please click here
For Frequently Asked Questions, please click here
You can register for this programme in 3 easy ways:
- Online: using the ‘Book Now’ button found on this webpage
- Email: Scan and email to us your completed 1-page registration form, found on this webpage by using the ‘Download Brochure’ link (located top right of this page). Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: Call us on +44 207 193 5423+44 207 193 5423